Everyone is asleep and I should be heading that way as well. The hubs is going back to that whole working thing tomorrow after two weeks off, and three cigarette-free days. Here's to hoping tomorrow is day four.
So its two weeks after my son's first Christmas, and three days into the new year, and I think I am supposed to be waxing reflective on the wondrous changes of the last year and all the things I plan to accomplish in the new year. I'm supposed to be making resolutions, even though I don't really believe in them. I'm doing neither of these things. Please, I don't even have a picture of the hubs and the Bug in front of his first Christmas tree! I'm thinking I forgot to buy thank you cards at Target today. I'm thinking if I go to bed now, I can read for 20 minutes and it won't yet be tomorrow when I fall asleep. I don't think over the last few months and marvel at the huge changes in my life... I guess I'm just living it because what is also really on my mind is how I have to clean this house since my housekeeper took January off to go to Belieze.
So here's my half-ass attempt, my long-term to-do list for 2010 (since I'm already done with the grocery list and the to-do list for tomorrow).
In 2010 I will...
- try not to eat dessert for breakfast. This sounds basic, but is actually really hard for me.
- try to get my baby to sign. It seems to be all the rage.
- pay down some debt. Seriously.
- go back to work. See previous item.
- lose at least 8 lbs to try to stave off the diabetes. This doesn't sound like a lot of weight, but for some reason I can't get it off. Maybe its the not exercising thing.
- blog at least once a week.
- actually follow the blogs I follow, at least once a week.
- get my website up and running and grow my readership.
- cultivate patience and grace.
- slow down and be present.
There it is, I put it out to the universe/blogosphere. Now I can go to bed and read for 17 minutes.