Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010 To Do's

Its late.

Everyone is asleep and I should be heading that way as well.  The hubs is going back to that whole working thing tomorrow after two weeks off, and three cigarette-free days.  Here's to hoping tomorrow is day four.



The kid is finally sleeping quietly, after an evening of strange screeching, and an afternoon of napping that resulted in him waking up screaming for no discernible reason.  I am actually afraid the screeching is not really screeching, it's his precursor to speech and therefore now, his preferred way of communication.  The waking screaming part I attribute to his poor last night of sleep, given that his father had a nightmare at 3am and decided to bring the baby into our bed to comfort himself.  Like a live teddy bear that claws and kicks, that kind of comfort.

So its two weeks after my son's first Christmas, and three days into the new year, and I think I am supposed to be waxing reflective on the wondrous changes of the last year and all the things I plan to accomplish in the new year.  I'm supposed to be making resolutions, even though I don't really believe in them.  I'm doing neither of these things.  Please, I don't even have a picture of the hubs and the Bug in front of his first Christmas tree!  I'm thinking I forgot to buy thank you cards at Target today.  I'm thinking if I go to bed now, I can read for 20 minutes and it won't yet be tomorrow when I fall asleep.  I don't think over the last few months and marvel at the huge changes in my life... I guess I'm just living it because what is also really on my mind is how I have to clean this house since my housekeeper took January off to go to Belieze.

So here's my half-ass attempt, my long-term to-do list for 2010 (since I'm already done with the grocery list and the to-do list for tomorrow).

In 2010 I will...

  • try not to eat dessert for breakfast.  This sounds basic, but is actually really hard for me.
  • try to get my baby to sign.  It seems to be all the rage.
  • pay down some debt.  Seriously.
  • go back to work.  See previous item.
  • lose at least 8 lbs to try to stave off the diabetes.  This doesn't sound like a lot of weight, but for some reason I can't get it off.  Maybe its the not exercising thing.
  • blog at least once a week.
  • actually follow the blogs I follow, at least once a week.
  • get my website up and running and grow my readership.
  • cultivate patience and grace.
  • slow down and be present.
There it is, I put it out to the universe/blogosphere.  Now I can go to bed and read for 17 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. wait a second...am I to understand that you are not working, but still retain a house keeper? That might be a way to save some money, no? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I've thought about it but since I plan to return to work (you know, as soon as I can find some) I worked it into the budget to keep Aura. Do you know how hard it is to find a housekeeper in LA who actually shows up and... cleans? ;)

    ReplyDelete