Monday, January 18, 2010

Tag, I'm It


 I was tagged for this by Kys at Stir Fry Awesomeness (she is super awesome, btw), and in an effort to keep resolution # whatever-that-was (the one that says I'll blog once a week), here goes...

8 TV SHOWS I WATCH
  • NCIS, the original
  • Criminal Minds
  • Fringe
  • Bones (yes, my husband hates this too)
  • Top Chef
  • Intervention
  • The Jersey Shore (this one is not by choice, but its a bad car accident with lots of carnage, you can't look away)
  • Almost anything on the Food Network except Sandra Lee (somebody shoot her)
 8 FAVORITE PLACES TO EAT AND DRINK
  • Our local sushi bar (no, I'm not telling you where that is)
  • Oba Sushi (Pasadena)
  • Boulevard (SF)
  • Craftsteak (LV)
  • Euro Pane (Pasadena)
  • Fleming's
  • Bette's Diner (Berkeley, CA for breakfast only, lunch is blah)
  • Rutt's Cafe (Culver City, CA)
  • Honorable mention goes to the Ritz Carlton San Francisco, which makes the best $11 cappuccino I've ever had
8 THINGS I LOOK FORWARD TO
  • Wednesdays & Fridays (da Bug goes to daycare part-time)
  • Paychecks.  Maybe someday I will get another one.
  • Dinner out with the girls
  • Massage
  • Vacation
  • Nap time, his and mine
  • Spring in LA
  • Our 5 year anniversary in Sedona with da Bug
8 THINGS THAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY/OVER THE WEEKEND (that's how uneventful my life is, I had to combine 2 days)


  • Bug's fever broke
  • Dim Sum with Mom, Judy & CJ's 100-year-old Great Grandma! 
  • Caught up on blogs... twice!
  • Rutt's for breakfast, only a 40 minute drive for a $17 breakfast
  • At dim sum, a button on my shirt popped open and my belly pooched out.  Sexy.
  • Bug Bath.
  • Uncle Jayson's visit.
  • Grocery shopping in the rain, aka "quiet time"
8 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT WINTER
  • Its not really "winter" in LA
  • Rain
  • Growing garlic, as slow a process as that is
  • Winter soups and slow braises
  • Hot baths
  • Hot chocolate
  • Boots
  • Still being able to grill (in boots, after a hot bath, with a hot choco in hand)... it is LA, after all
8 THINGS ON MY WISH LIST
  • a mini food processor
  • a touchless soap dispenser
  • front yard remodel
  • kitchen/laundry room remodel to attach the cabana to the main house
  • closets.  oh dear God, please send closets!
  • a job.  not high on the wish list, but its there.
  • shoes.  more please.
  • financial freedom, aka unlimited funds.
8 THINGS I'M PASSIONATE ABOUT
  • Food (can ya tell?)
  • the Hubs
  • Gardening (sorta, see item 1)
  • Clean feet
  • Education
  • Reading
  • Writing
  • Personal responsibility & manifesting your own life. Don't cry me a river, I don't wanna hear it.  Do something about it.
8 WORDS I USE OFTEN
  • "That's a dollar" (into the swear jar, that is)
  • Feracious (this is one of my favorite words.  Its a cross between "fierce" and "voracious")
  • "Um.... okay...."
  • "What is wrong with people?"
  • "Are you a stinky bug?"  He usually is.
  • "Do you have any cash?"
  • "... the store..."  everything revolves around the grocery store
  • "Okay, but..."
8 THINGS I'VE LEARNED FROM THE PAST
  • To leave it there.
  • If its inedible, its inedible.
  • Once you've taken off those rose colored glasses, you don't want to look through them again.
  • Always double the garlic called for in recipes.
  • Always halve the chipotle and/or adobo called for in recipes.
  • Say yes to the epidural.
  • Write it down, write it down, write it down!
  • Some things don't change.  Move on.
8 THINGS I CURRENTLY WANT/NEED
  • A snack.  Seriously, its late.
  • Closets.  We tore the doors off ours to put in the new hardwood floors.... 9 months ago.
  • A lime/lemon squeezer.  I wore the enamel off my old one.
  • The final crown to replace this temporary (in my mouth, not on my head).
  • Dots Cupcakes.  All the time.
  • To lose 8 lbs.  These two are probably not going to happen together.
  • A haircut.
  • A massage that doesn't hurt.
8 PEOPLE YOU SHOULD FOLLOW
I'm supposed to tag 8 people, but if you feel inclined to share... please do!



    5 comments:

    1. loved reading your list, mama! thanx for the shout-out.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Love the personal responsibility one! If everyone would follow that there would be so many less problems in this crazy world!

      Heads up- You're getting shout out on Stir-Fry today.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Hi there!
      I'm stopping by from Stir-Fry's blog. Love your lists! She tagged me last week, too, and I had so much fun doing this meme.

      p.s.I'm your newest follower!
      ;-)
      And my kids are in day care part time on Weds/Fri, too! Woohoo for those days!

      ReplyDelete
    4. I'm totally with you about writing stuff down. Only way I get through the day!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Hi Erin,
      Thanks for checking it out!

      And Rachel, if I don't write it down, I've forgotten it while walking from the laundry room to the bathroom... maybe I should keep a pen and pad in there...

      ReplyDelete